Hershey High School Teacher Jonathan Pinkerton Charged with Corruption of Minors

Kieran Hogan, News Editor

Derry Township Police have charged Jonathan Pinkerton, 37, of Lancaster with corruption of minors relating to alleged incidents in August 2010 and June 2011.

Pinkerton was employed by Lower Dauphin School District at the time of the alleged incidents.

According to the criminal complaint, Pinkerton is accused of “furnishing alcohol to minors and the consumption of alcohol, possession of marijuana, and indecent assault.” The alleged victim was reportedly 17 years of age at the time of the incidents.

Pinkerton was hired in October 2014 by Derry Township School District as a music teacher and band director.  Pinkerton has since been placed on administrative leave by DTSD.

DTSD Superintendent Joe McFarland notified parents of the matter in an email. McFarland explained Pinkerton’s administrative leave, writing, “By placing the employee on leave while the matter is being adjudicated, we have taken appropriate action to maintain school safety while still preserving the rights of the accused.”

Due to the ongoing nature of the investigation, The Broadcaster will be updating its coverage as the story develops.

Jonathan Pinkerton performing as a part of his band, Great Big House, in an undated photo. Pinkerton is a music teacher and band director at Hershey High School. (via Great Big House)

About the Writer
Kieran Hogan, News Editor

Kieran Hogan is one of the news editors for the broadcaster. He is a senior at HHS and has been a part of the Broadcaster for three years. Kieran enjoys...