Hershey Swimming beats Cumberland Valley

Haley Daniels and Emily Liesch

Cumberland Valley and Hershey swimmers await the start of the girls 200 yard medley race. The meet took place on Tuesday, December 13, 2016. (Broadcaster/Emily Liesch)

On Tuesday, December 13, 2016, the Hershey High School Trojans swimming and diving team beat the Cumberland Valley Eagles. This meet was the Trojans’ season opener and was a success for both girls and boys. The girls won 119 to 67, and the boys won 116.5 to 66.5.

Hershey diving succeeded in part due to senior Jake Hedrick coming in first for the boys with 311.50 points. Hersey High sophomore Meredith Gould finished first for the girls with 221.15 points.

Hershey junior Cole Luttrell also contributed to the Trojans’ win, placing first in the boys 200 yard medley relay, the boys 200 yard IM (all four strokes), and the boys 100 yard backstroke. Junior Caylene Rippon came in first in the girls 200 yard freestyle relay, the girls 100 yard butterfly, and the girls 100 yard backstroke for the Trojans.

The Trojans’ next swimming and diving meet will take place on December 22, 2016, against Mifflin County at the Hershey recreation center.

About the Writer
Emily Liesch, Reporter

Emily Liesch is a reporter for the Broadcaster. She is a senior at HHS and has been a part of the Broadcaster for three years. Emily also enjoys listening...