HHS Plans Homecoming 2020

Julia Grenoble, Video Producer

Despite the pandemic of COVID-19, HHS has still planned to hold a Homecoming this November, in a different way.

Instead of dressing up like usual Homecomings, all students will be encouraged to wear this year’s Homecoming T-shirt, which students can purchase online at the Trojan Trading Post

There will be multiple activities and entertainment for the night, such as food trucks for the students to enjoy, and performances from the HHS Band and Cheerleading Team.

Like years past, there will still be a Homecoming Court and celebration, where a king and queen will be chosen at the event. The Homecoming Court will consist of six males and six females, one of each to be crowned king or queen at random. However, HHS students can now vote for which seniors they would like to be on the court on this Google Form.

While it is still called ‘Homecoming’, this years celebration will be more of a fall festival, and will be very different from years in the past. All students and staff will be required to wear a mask, and health precautions will be taken to ensure a safe and fun experience for all. 

“We are so excited that we will still be able to celebrate homecoming this year, even if it’s not the traditional Homecoming we’re all used to,” said HHS Junior and Secretary of Student Council, Mallory Gillespie. 

The Homecoming will be held on Thursday, November 12, on the 322 Turf Field.