Hershey High School Announces February Athletes of the Month

Abbey Massage and Abbey Rogers

Meredith Gould and Charles Holte have been selected as HHS’ February “Student Athletes of the Month” for diving.

Gould, a senior at HHS, was selected to be the female athlete of the month. She has been diving for three years for Hershey.

Gould finished first at the Mid-Penn Championship (MPC) meet with a score of 459.90 points. This is her third consecutive year being the Mid-Penn champ.

Along placing first in the MPC, Gould also came in first in the AAA District meet with a score of 431.40. This was Gould’s first time being named District Champion. Gould’s next meet is the Pennsylvania state meet in March.

After high school, Gould plans on diving at Delaware University and majoring in speech pathology.

Gould, regarding the future said, “I am so excited to continue my academic and diving career at Delaware next year.”

Holte, a sophomore, has been selected as the male athlete of the month. Holte finished second at the Mid-Penn Conference with a score of 385.70 points.

Holte has been diving for two years at HHS, but he started diving in 7th grade.

Holte qualified for the state meet by coming in third place at the District meet with a score of 390. This is Holte’s first year going to states.

Holte commented about the excitement of heading to his first state meet. “ I am so excited to go to states because it’s my first year going,” said Holte.

He plans to continue diving for the remainder of his high school career and through college.

Gould and Holte will be competing at the PA State meet on March 15th.

Meredith Gould stands on the first place stop atop the podium at the PA Districts meet on February 23rd, 2019. Gould has qualified for the State meet for three consecutive years, but this year marks her first time being named District Champion. (Via/Diana Pugliese)
Holte stands atop the third place stop on the podium at the PA Districts meet on February 23rd, 2019. Holte qualified for the PA State meet for the first time in his diving career due to his performance at the Districts meet. (Via/Diana Pugliese)