Two Killed, Four Injured in Warwick Car Crash

Emily Massage and Keela Delves

Two Warwick High School students were killed in a multi-car crash on Friday, October 26th.

Jack Nicholson, a 16-year-old junior, died later that night during surgery. The second victim that was killed from the erratic driver was junior Meghan Keeney, who passed away on Sunday morning in the hospital.

The crash was caused by a 63-year-old woman, Debra Slaymaker-Walker, who recklessly crashed into eight cars near the school.

Before the crash, an officer attempted to pull her over. Slaymaker-Walker refused to stop and accelerated away, causing a minor collision with a bus. No one on the bus was injured.

A GoFundMe page was created to help Jack’s family. According to the page, he played lacrosse, football, and was planning to wrestle this school year.

Another GoFundMe account was created for Meghan’s family. The page stated her birthday was the same day as the accident. Her parents decided that she be an organ donor in order to “share her spirit of life and help someone else in need.”

Keeney played field hockey for Warwick and wore number 33 on the team.  Field hockey teams in the area wrote number 33 on their wrist to show their support for Warwick. The HHS field hockey team participated in this tribute during their district game in October.

Students, teachers, and staff in the area wore red on Monday, October 29th to show their love and support.

Also, the Lititz community held its annual Halloween parade on the 29th of October, with the phrase “Warwick Strong” posted throughout the community and on social media.

From left to right, sophomores Meredith Sheehan, Allie Grenoble, and Alexandra King show their support for Warwick students on October 31st, 2018. Hershey was one of many schools to honor the students who passed away by wearing red to school and to their games. (Broadcaster/Emily Massage)