HHS Boys Soccer Celebrates Senior Night

Emma Quillen and Julia Cream

Hershey High School Boys Soccer had a tough loss to Palmyra on Tuesday, October 9. Senior Chris Cronin scored one goal; however, Palmyra still triumphed 2-1.

Tuesday’s game honored the senior players and their families. Short acknowledgments were made to each of the players, and friends and family filled the stands for support.

The HHS Boys Soccer Seniors pose for a photo with their families at the game on Tuesday, October 9. They celebrated Senior night with a walk across the field while a short acknowledgment was read. (Broadcaster/Emma Quillen)

“It’s nice to have that night at the end of four years of working so hard,” said senior Brendan Kerr.

Kerr also expressed gratitude for his fellow teammates and said, “I love them. They’re like brothers to me.”

The seniors have worked hard for many years now, so the team was glad to show its appreciation.  

“They have taught me a lot and have helped all of us adapt to high school soccer,” said sophomore player Jake Fisher.

In addition to the senior festivities, the HHS Boys Soccer Booster Club presented a check  with a donation to the Ben and Tim Day Fund. The team sold barbeque tickets at Ben and Tim Day, and then donated the proceeds back to the fund.

The HHS Boys Soccer Seniors present a check to the Ben and Tim Day Fund. The soccer team raised $800 by selling BBQ tickets and donated the proceeds to the charity. (Broadcaster/Emma Quillen)

Even with the loss to Palmyra, the Hershey boys soccer team is having a successful season with a record of 13-3.

The team plans to continue to work hard and has a promising path to districts.

About the Writers
Emma Quillen, Reporter

Emma Quillen is a news reporter for the Broadcaster. This is her first year writing for the Broadcaster. Emma also enjoys traveling, spending time with...

Julia Cream, Reporter

Julia Cream is a news reporter for the Broadcaster. She enjoys photography and hanging out with friends. Her favorite subject in school is math, and she...