Trojan Trading Post moves to cafeteria

Benji Keeler, Reporter

For 3 years, the Trojan Trading Post was in the room across the hall from the cafeteria. But towards the end of last school year, they were relocated to the back corner of the cafeteria.

“The administration needed the space, so now we’re in the cafeteria,” said Mike Gustantino, Hershey accounting teacher and the adviser of the Trojan Trading Post.

At the Trojan Trading Post, the Hershey High School store, students can buy spirit wear and candy during lunch periods.

This wasn’t the first time the school store had been moved. They started off in front of the auditorium, then were moved to the second floor in the math wing, before finding a home across from the cafeteria.

“The move wasn’t really our choice, but I think in the long run, it’ll pay off,” said Gustantino. “Hopefully the kids will see it at lunch. It’s a lot easier than walking out of the cafeteria. It’s right in front of them.”

The move allows the Trojan Trading Post the display more products, including new women’s shirts, long sleeve shirts, and sweatshirts.

The store will be celebrating their 10th anniversary in January.

Hats and shirts are available for sale at the Trojan Trading Post. The Trojan Trading Post has offered school spirit wear since it first opened. (Broadcaster/Benji Keeler)
Seniors Charlie Fackler (front) and Jordan Luciano (back) work the register at the Trojan Trading Post during lunch. The Trojan Trading Post is almost entirely student run. (Broadcaster/Benji Keeler)