Places to visit for summer 2018

Claire Strucko, Reporter

As summer approaches, families and friends are coming together to plan vacations that are sure to leave lasting memories. For some, finding that memorable getaway can be difficult. Here are some popular vacation spots for summer 2018.

Clearwater Beach, FL

One of the most popular beaches is down south in Clearwater Beach, FL, located on the Gulf. About 30 minutes from Tampa, this vacation spot includes many activities to make for a memorable vacation including parasailing, dolphin watching, and visiting the Clearwater Marine Aquarium. Plan your trip here.

Clearwater, founded in 1895 by settlers, was previously named Clearwater Harbor until the word ‘Harbor’ was dropped in 1906. It was named No. 1 beach in the country by TripAdvisor. (Flickr)

New Orleans, LA

2018 is an important year for the popular party city of New Orleans, Louisiana because of the celebration of their tricentennial (300th anniversary.) With a buzzing nightlife, jazz music and restaurants known nationwide, New Orleans is the perfect place to experience historic landmarks and live music this summer during their unforgettable holiday.

New Orleans is often referred to as ‘the birthplace of jazz.’ Some of the most famous landmarks to visit in New Orleans are Bourbon Street, St. Louis Cathedral, and the National WWII Museum. (Flickr)

Rosemary Beach, FL

If you’re looking for the picture-perfect town to get away to, Rosemary Beach, FL, is the perfect place for you. Located on the Gulf, Rosemary has tons of shops and good eats for you and your family.

Rosemary Beach has many fun nearby activities to do like swimming with wild dolphins and parasailing. Live music is performed every night in their town square by a variety of artists. (Flickr)

Outer Banks, NC

The frequently talked about Outer Banks, NC (also known as OBX) is the ultimate beach trip for every family. With different points of interest like Corolla, Nags Head and Kitty Hawk, OBX has everything to do from Wild Horse Tours to Paragliding in the sand dunes.

H2OBX is a brand-new $46 million dollar waterpark holding over 30 rides that opened in the Outer Banks in June of 2017. The waterpark opened for the 2018 summer season on Memorial Day Weekend. (Flickr)

About the Writer
Claire Strucko, Reporter

Claire Strucko is a reporter for the Broadcaster. She is a junior at Hershey High School and is a second year member of the Broadcaster. Claire also enjoys...