Hershey High School Swim Team takes Victory over Wilson

Brooke Daniels, Editor-in-Chief

Hershey’s swimming and diving team defeated Wilson 106-86 on Tuesday, February 6, 2018.

Although the boys lost to Wilson due to their massive numbers, the boys still had impressive wins in the early events. The 100 IM, 200 IM, and 100/200 yard freestyle proved fruitful for the boys and girls.

Swimmer Olivia Eichman, junior at HHS, who has been part of the team since her freshman year, offered some commentary on the girls’ win and boys’ loss.

“The boys have just been really weak this year because like no one is doing it [swimming]. I was happy to see the girls’ win but not surprised that the Wilson boys beat our boys,” said Eichman, after her last event.

Come relays, the girls remained strong with their great numbers. The boys seemed to be struggling as several young boys were placed with juniors and seniors to form semi-strong teams. The Wilson boys, leading only slightly in the other events, took the lead during the relays to advance to victory.

Eichman commented on the overall team dynamic, “It is honestly just getting hard to watch the boys lose. And I know they are tired of it.”

Wilson and Hershey swimmers and divers gather around the edge of the pool to cheer on their teammates in the close races. The Hershey swim team was able to pull out a 106-86 victory over Wilson. (Broadcaster/Brooke Daniels)