HHS girls field hockey falls to tough Penn Manor

Back to Article
Back to Article

Hershey senior Jacquiline Foley (above) winds up for a drive upfield in the first period. The Trojans went on to lose 3-0 to Penn Manor. (Broadcaster/Haley Daniels)

Haley Daniels, Reporter

Hershey High School girls field hockey team lost to Penn Manor in a hard fought game on Friday, September 23rd on the 322 turf field.

Two sophomores, Mallory Drayer, goalie, and Kate Wilson, defender, helped lead the game with 18 total saves. Sixteen were goalie saves by Drayer, and two were made by Wilson.

Penn Manor’s Emma DeBerdine, sophomore, had two of the three goals for the Comets. DeBerdine scored with 6:27 left in the first period. DeBerdine’s second goal, with an assist from Mia Clancy occurred at 2:36 in the first period. Hannah Brown, junior, had the remaining goal at 27:28 in the second period.

Although the Trojans were defeated, Coach Brianna Price said, “Last time we played them [Penn Manor] we gave up and lost 8-0. This time, we really played our own game, which we weren’t doing before.”

About the Writer
Haley Daniels, Reporter

Haley Daniels is a reporter for the Broadcaster. She is a senior at HHS and has been a part of the Broadcaster for three years. Haley enjoys dogs, lacrosse,...