HHS’ favorite Christmas movies

Day 7 of 12 Days of Stories

Christina Lengle, Sports Editor

Die Hard as a top favorite Christmas movie? Some may have never expected that to be on their Christmas list.

Fifty Hershey High School students and staff were asked to rank their favorite Christmas movies. The top three movies were Elf, Home Alone, and How The Grinch Stole Christmas. 

Elf

This funny and light hearted Christmas movie will get all members of the family excited to watch. Many of the surveyed HHS members grew up with this movie, and ranked it as their top choice. In this movie, Will Farrell was at his comedic peak. Consequently, 225.1 million dollars were made due to the high interest to watch. Elf won the 2004 ASCAP Award and was nominated for different awards for the movie. HBO Max, Apple TV, and Prime Video are some of the ways this film can be watched.

Home Alone

This all time favorite holiday hit movie made a whopping $476.7 worldwide. It came out in 1990 and is still being watched 32 years later. Home Alone was nominated and won various awards. This film was nominated for a Golden Globes  Award and Grammy Award. The film is watchable on various streaming services like Disney Plus, Apple TV, and Prime Video.

How The Grinch Stole Christmas

Rated at number three was How The Grinch Stole Christmas. The film was released in 2000, starring Jim Carrey as The Grinch. This holiday film can be viewed on Hulu, HBO Max, Redbox, and more. Winning the most awards out of the three. In total the film made 345.1 million dollars worldwide. If you are wanting to stream this film anytime soon you can on HBO Max, Amazon, and Hulu.

Other films that popped up in the survey included Polar Express, National Lampoon’s Christmas Vacation, The Santa Clause, and with just two votes, Charlie Brown Christmas.