Cocoa Packs Presents collects over 2,000 toys through annual toy drive

Image file in Basecamp: cutline- Charlie Griffith (junior), Finnian Sieg (senior), and Myra Elliott (junior) pose with a Cocoa Packs Presents toy donation bin. Donation bins were set at different businesses throughout the county during November and the beginning of December.

Molly Ziesenheim and Ava Sheppard

Throughout the 2021 holiday season, Cocoa Packs, a program that provides food and other services to families in need, ran a toy drive for families in Derry Township which received 2,191 gift donations.

On Friday, December 17, parents who are part of the Cocoa Packs program will be able to go and select toys for their children to open on Christmas. 

Students from Hershey High School worked together to volunteer with Cocoa Packs ensuring that families across Derry Township have a magical holiday. Students were assigned to pick up toys from bins at various businesses and to drop them off at Fishburn Church where a separate group of students would sort and count the total. Presents were accumulated for all ages between zero and eighteen.