Hershey Swimming Crushes Central Dauphin East

Lynn Dang and Lydia Gould

Hershey and CD East swimmers prepare to dive into the water before the 100 Free race. Hershey went on to beat CD East on January 24, 2017 at the Hershey Rec Center. (Broadcaster/ Lynn Dang)

Hershey High School Trojans Swimming and Diving Team beat Central Dauphin East High School in the second-to-last home meet of the season on January 24, 2017 at the Hershey Recreation Center. The girls scored 150 points

versus CD’s 18, and the boys won 125 to eight.

Hershey sophomores Meredith Gould and Quincy Blubaugh were the only two divers who participated in the meet. Gould came in first with a 266.55 points, and Blubaugh came in second with a 233.15.

Hershey senior Jason Young won the 200 IM, an event involving the four strokes: breaststroke, backstroke, butterfly, and freestyle. He finished nearly ten seconds before everyone else. Also helping the Trojans was sophomore John Zhuang, who placed second in the 50 freestyle and 100 freestyle, finishing close behind CD East swimmer Sam Balog in both events.

Hershey swimmers Jason Young (left) and Kevin Zachary (right) pose before the second half of the meet on January 24, 2016 at the Hershey recreation center. (Broadcaster/ Lynn Dang)

The girls 100 breaststroke and 200 freestyle were dominated by HHS sophomore Maggie Hagan, contributing to the girls’ victory.

The Trojans’ next swimming and diving meet is against Cedar Crest High School on January 26, 2017. It is their last home meet and will be held at the Hershey Rec Center.