HHS Theater shut out at Apollo Awards despite eight nominations

Anika Hosenfeld, Reporter

Hershey High School took home no trophies from the Apollo Awards on May 19, 2019, despite earning eight nominations and three honorable mentions.  Elizabethtown High School took home six awards including Best Musical for Seussical, the Musical.

Hershey High School was nominated for outstanding musical and earned nominations for several lead performers.  Myah Koepfer was nominated for lead actress in a musical for the role Reno Sweeney, and Patrick Gavazzi was nominated for lead actor in a musical for the role of Moonface Martin.

Hannah Armstrong was nominated for featured performer in a play for the role of Mrs. Soames.  Alex Winnick was nominated for lead actor in a play for the role of the Stage Manager.

Madison Mascari, Alina Zang, and Aria Aubrey were nominated for outstanding student playwright.

Hershey High School was nominated for outstanding student orchestra, and also nominated for outstanding dance number in a musical. Hershey was nominated for their dance number “Blow, Gabriel, Blow.”

Hershey also earned three honorable mention awards.

Tori Moss got an honorable mention for outstanding supporting actress for the role of Erma, Tryston Morgan got an honorable mention for outstanding supporting actor for the role of Lord Evelyn Oakleigh, and Hershey High School got an honorable mention for outstanding play.

Myah Koepfer performs “Blow, Gabriel, Blow” for the Apollo Awards on May 19, 2019. Koepfer was nominated for outstanding lead actress in a musical. (Broadcaster/Anika Hosenfeld)