HHS Football falls to LD on Senior Night

Back to Article
Back to Article

HHS Football players stand on the field with their family and friends after receiving recognition for their dedication to the team before kick off. The Trojans were defeated by the Falcons with a final score of 42-25 on Friday, October 19, 2018. (Broadcaster/Kate Clark)

Kate Clark, Reporter

The Hershey High School (HHS) Football team, cheerleading squad, and band members celebrated their senior night on Friday, October 19th during their game against the Lower Dauphin (LD) Falcons. The Trojans were defeated by the Falcons with a final score of 42-25.

Starting out the game with a touchdown, the Falcons reached the end zone with eight minutes left in the first quarter. Coming back with a strong offense, the Trojans attempted to tie the game, but the field goal was no good. Ending the first quarter down by one, the Trojans were losing to the Falcons with a score of 6-7.

Hershey’s defense had several interceptions giving them the upper hand by the end of the first half. As for the Trojans offense, the team attempted a two point conversion to take the lead but failed to do so.

By halftime, LD had the lead with a score of 35-12.

Going back and forth between strong offensive and defensive plays, the Trojans weren’t able to gain enough touchdowns by the end of the second half to tie the score. Falling to the Falcons, the Trojans did not take home the win.

Key players for the Hershey Trojans include Jay Rodriguez throwing two touchdowns for Hershey; Glow Hampton, who had six catches and a touchdown; and Sam Carlson, who also had a touchdown.

As football season comes to an end, the Trojans spent their last home game at HersheyPark Stadium for senior night. Recognizing their seniors for their commitment, the players and band members received gratitude for the leadership and dedication they brought to the HHS football, cheerleading, and band programs. Bringing the crowd’s attention to the graduating seniors, families and friends walked the players across the field before kick off.

The Trojans final game of the season will be away on Friday, October 26, at 7pm against Twin Valley.