Hershey Trojans Win Homecoming Game over Red Land Patriots

Sam Allery, Reporter

Hershey football beat the Red Land Patriots 24-13 on Friday, September 28, 2018.

Hershey linemen block for quarterback Jay Rodriguez (left). Hershey’s victory over Red Land was their second of the year. (Broadcaster/Sam Allery)

To open the second half, Hershey senior Sam Carlson ran 80 yards for a touchdown, making the score 17-7. Carlson then continued his impressive performance by intercepting a pass less than 30 seconds later. Hershey never looked back.

Carlson’s reception wasn’t Hershey’s first of the game. Sophomore Aaryn Koperna returned an interception for a touchdown with 2:58 left in the first quarter.

Hershey often seized the opportunities presented to them, as they threw to Casey Shipman for a 16-yard touchdown just after Carlson’s interception.

Red Land made it a closer game with a 58-yard touchdown pass to Adam Cramer, but the Hershey defense forced a turnover on downs with 2:22 left, securing the win.

This victory improves Hershey’s record to 2-4, a record they hope to improve in their next game at Cedar Cliff on October 5.

About the Writer
Sam Allery, Sports Editor

Sam Allery is the editor of the Sports section. He is a senior at Hershey High School and has been a part of the Broadcaster for three years. Sam also...