Hershey Girls Soccer Team Celebrates Senior Night

Katherine Clark, Reporter & Sports Editor

As the fall sports season comes to an end, seniors are playing their final games and are being recognized for their commitment, leadership, and sportsmanship throughout high school. Senior Night is a national tradition and has been celebrated at Hershey High School for decades. The HHS Girls Soccer team honored their seniors on Tuesday, October 7, 2019, in their final matchup against their rival, Palmyra Area High School.

Here are a few of the HHS Girls Soccer 2019 seniors:

Olivia Bratton:

(Broadcaster/Kate Clark)

Olivia Bratton has been playing soccer for 13 years and is the team’s leading outside defender. Bratton is a member of the Basketball team, as well as a sprinter for Track and Field. She participates in student council, Young Democrats, Key Club, National Honor Society, Spanish National Honors Society, and FBLA National Honors Society. “My proudest moment was the first game I started as a defender during sophomore year. I hadn’t been confident in my previous position, and Coach Repsch had hope in me to be one of our outside defenders. I have been playing there ever since,” says Bratton. When asked what her favorite memory from soccer was, she stated that she loves the small team bonding activities and giving out secret sister gift bags before games. After she graduates, Bratton hopes to attend a four year university and study Public Policy prior to attending law school.

Mia Cooper:

(Broadcaster/Kate Clark)

Mia Cooper has been playing soccer for 8 years, and is a forward for the girls team. Cooper runs and jumps for the Track and Field team, and is also a member of Key Club and National Honors Society. “Senior night made me realize I have been playing soccer with those same 9 girls most of my life. I guess my favorite memory would be literally meeting 9 of my best friends through a sport. Also, beating Palmyra was pretty cool too,” stated Cooper. Her proudest moment in her athletic career was breaking the 100 meter record at Track & Field Districts. Cooper hopes to study criminal psychology at a four year university, while also participating in Track & Field.

Riley Dando:

(Broadcaster/Kate Clark)

Riley Dando has been playing soccer for 12 years and is a forward. She states that her proudest athletic moment was the team making Districts all four years of high school. Her favorite memory from soccer was also winning the Meet the Trojans night for their dancing skit. Dando hopes to attend a four year university and study nursing.

Abby Wilson:

(Broadcaster/Kate Clark)

Abby Wilson has been playing soccer for 15 years and is a midfielder for the Varsity team. Wilson participates in Key Club, National Honors Society, and is a member of the Winter and Spring Track and Field team. Wilson says that her favorite memory from soccer has been singing as loud as she can on the bus rides home from games, and her proudest moment has been playing on Varsity throughout high school. Wilson plans to attend Penn State and eventually pursue Veterinary medicine after college.

Olivia Falcucci:

(Broadcaster/Kate Clark)

Olivia Falcucci has been playing soccer for 12 years and is a wing for the Varsity team. Falcucci is in National Honor Society, French National Honor Society, Youth and Government, Spanish Club, HCYA, the Fall play, and the Spring musical. Her proudest moment in her athletic career was winning Meet the Trojans Night this past fall, and her favorite memory was team breakfast. Falcucci plans to attend a four year university after she graduates high school.

Julia Parrey:

(Broadcaster/Kate Clark)

Julia Parrey has been playing soccer for 12 years and plays midfield. Parrey is a member of Mini-THON, Key Club, Youth and Government, National Honor Society,  Spanish National Honor Society, Psychology National Honor Society, Girl Scouts, and Varsity Lacrosse. Parrey says that her proudest moment in her athletic career was seeing the impact she made on the underclassmen players, stating “Sometimes you don’t realize how much of an impact you’ve had on someone, on the field or off, until there’s a reason to. Seeing that I had an impact on the girls on my team made me so proud.” Parrey hopes to attend a four year university after high school, focusing on a major in the medical field.

The HHS Girls Soccer team tied their game against Palmyra 0-0, but won their final home game vs. Athens on October 12, 2019, with a final score of 1-0. The team is heading to Districts, and their next game will be played on Tuesday, October 22, 2019.

The Hershey High School Girls Soccer seniors pose for a picture with their parents after the Senior Night announcements. Senior Night was on October 7, 2019, vs. Palmyra Area High School. (Broadcaster/Kate Clark)