The Broadcaster

Editorial: University Students Shouldn’t Need to Live in Moldy Dorms

Kate LaCoe and Emma Quillen

May 31, 2019

This past fall a student at the University of Maryland began to fall very ill. It wasn’t due to a common virus or a bug, but to mold in student dorms. The University failed to alert students early enough, which left a student dead. Students at universities shouldn’t be living in dorms infested...

DTSD Works To Detect, Treat Suspected Mold

Logan Kreamer, Reporter

November 19, 2018

When the staff of the Hershey Middle School (HMS) came upon mold on August 29th, 2018 Derry Township School District Superintendent Joe McFarland and Director of Buildings and Grounds Mark Anderson went into action. The mold was found under one of the mats in the HMS mat room. Anderson described th...

The student news site of Hershey High School
mold