Hershey Girls Volleyball Beats Waynesboro Area School

Brooke Daniels, Reporter

Junior Lauryn Washington (most near side of the block) and Emily Harris, 12th grade, go up for a block against one of Waynesboro’s outside hitters. Hershey teammates (from left) Lizzy Zieber, 11th grade and Lilly Strader, junior gather around the block to cover. (Broadcaster/Brooke Daniels)

Hershey High’s volleyball team was able to pull out a win in five sets against Waynesboro.

Freshman setter, Annie Shay, was able to assist opposite hitter, senior Ali Gmerek, with a grand total of nine kills. Senior Makenah Zitko, libero, was able to dig five of Waynesboro’s tough hits and pass up multiple serves.

Ashley Centeno, senior and defensive specialist, had a total of three digs. Senior Katie Stevens had a total of four blocks.

Although the Trojans were defeated the first two games, they pulled it together for a tough win in the third game.

Coach John Zitko was ecstatic after the win. “I’m just so glad the girls were able to work together and do everything I always talk about in practice.” said Zitko.