HHS Spanish Club attends Harrisburg Latin American dance festival

Laurel Fleszar, Reporter

The Spanish Club held a field trip to a Latin American dance festival on April 10, 2019. The following is a photo essay of the field trip; however, out of respect for the performers, no pictures were taken during the performance.

The Scottish Rite Cathedral Masonic Temple in Harrisburg hosted the Latin American Festival on April 10, 2019. The club organized a field trip to the festival to promote and learn more about Spanish culture. (Broadcaster/Laurel Fleszar)
(Left to Right) Irena Potochny, Matthew Carrera, Jake Watson, Anoushka Nambiar, Maddie Geeting, and Lindsay Aluquin eat a quick snack after the show. The Hispanic Flamenco Ballet, a part of the Arts & Dance Company, displayed music and dancing from Latin American countries including Mexico, Colombia, the Caribbean Islands, Argentina, Brazil, and Peru during the festival. (Broadcaster/Laurel Fleszar)
Lindsay Aluquin, President of Spanish Club, receives her slice of tres leches cake on April 10, 2019 at El Sol Express in Harrisburg. Aluquin as well as Raameen Khan (treasurer), Sinēad Fitzsimons (secretary), and Derek Todd (vice president) worked with Señora Lauren Golaszewski (advisor) to organize the field trip. (Broadcaster/Laurel Fleszar)
Irena Potochny, one of the club members, smiles for the camera on April 10, 2019. The students had been discussing the global pollution crisis, and many students refused to use straws due to the Last Plastic Straw campaign that students learn about in Spanish III. (Broadcaster/Laurel Fleszar)
The team at El Sol Express presents the students and advisors with a large buffet of cheese quesadillas, bean burritos, refried beans, rice, pork tacos, beef tacos, cooked vegetables, and tortillas on April 10, 2019. Spanish cuisine is a main part of the culture that the club intended to promote. (Broadcaster/Laurel Fleszar)
An El Sol Express employee presents Irena Potochny with a birthday dessert on April 10, 2019. The students and advisors had sung Happy Birthday to Potochny prematurely, so they sang Feliz Cumpleaños upon the arrival of the dish. (Broadcaster/Laurel Fleszar)
Irena Potochny’s churro sundae sits on the table uneaten on April 10, 2019. A few students from each table ordered a dessert with their own money since it wasn’t provided in the meal, and they shared with the other students who wanted to try the Spanish desserts. (Broadcaster/Laurel Fleszar).
Amber Bell makes a silly face at Maggie Hagan and Sinēad Fitzsimons during their lunch on April 10, 2019 at El Sol Express. The trip included students from Spanish Club, Spanish NHS, and students who take Spanish. (Broadcaster/Laurel Fleszar)
Jake Watson pranks the students by displaying a DM from “Kendall Jenner” on April 10, 2019. The students enjoyed spending time with each other on the bus to and from Harrisburg, Pennsylvania. (Broadcaster/Laurel Fleszar)
The students arrive back at Hershey High School on April 10, 2019. The trip was a great success, and Spanish Club is likely to do it again in the future. (Lauren Golaszewski)