Roses, dinner and a walk: HHS seniors celebrate last days of high school

Elizabeth Newman, Layout

Being a senior comes with many perks. They are at the top of the food chain, lead the student section, and finally graduate.

Along with those perks, they also get to do things like go to the senior dinner and participate in the senior walk and picnic. These are things right before graduation that lets the seniors enjoy the end of their high school career.

Senior Dinner:

The annual senior dinner will take place on Wednesday, May 23, 2018, in the high school cafeteria. It will start at 6:30pm. The menu is chosen by Mr. Hummel, Director of Food Services, and it will be Italian. There will be about 25 teachers who will help with setup as well as serve the seniors their food as they walk through the buffet.

At the dinner, there will be a hypnotist who has performed at the senior dinner for many years. The “Who’s Who?” will also be announced. “Who’s Who?” are the senior superlatives which the seniors had voted for in January.

Senior Walk and Picnic:

The senior walk and picnic will take place on Wednesday, May 30, 2018. The seniors will dress in the cap and gowns and rewalk the halls that they have grown up in. The walk will begin in the high school at 9:15am. They will then proceed to the middle school followed by elementary school. They will finish with walking through the ECC. As they walk through these buildings, DTSD students will be in the hallway cheering on the seniors as they walk by. If a senior does not have or forgets their cap and gown, they will not be allowed to participate in the walk.

Following the walk, the seniors are able to have a picnic outside of the high school. This will begin around 11am. There are seven food trucks scheduled to come:

1. The Chicken Truck
  2. Blazing Swine Barbeque
  3. On My Grind Coffee
  4. Mad Dash Artisan Grilled Cheese
  5. Sweet Dawgs
  6. 717 Tacos
  7. DTSD Food Service – Cookies

These food trucks will be parked in the bus corral. Students are able to get food from all of them until 1pm, which is when the picnic will end. After the picnic, the seniors will be dismissed to go home.  

https://www.instagram.com/p/Bg6FwmGlDq9/?taken-by=onmygrindcoffee

Roses for Seniors:

Future Business Leaders of America (FBLA) and National Honors Society (NHS) are collecting orders for a fundraiser called “Roses for Seniors.” Orders were due on Friday, May 18, 2018, and the roses will be distributed to seniors on Friday, May 25, 2018. Family and friends are able to choose to order either one, three, six, or twelve roses for their senior. Each amount has varying prices. To order roses, an order form must have been completed and submitted to the HHS office along with the payment. The payment must be a check payable to “Hershey High School FBLA.”