Netflix Necessities: Top 15 Most Bingeable Shows (Part 3)

%28Photo+Courtesy%2FIMDb%29

(Photo Courtesy/IMDb)

Madi Held and Shanna Sweitzer, Reporter

“Play next episode” button at the ready.

Ask anyone what they’re doing on a Friday night. They might say they’re going to a party or hanging with friends, but in reality, they’re probably staying at home watching Netflix. If you’re currently watching a show that you can’t stay away from, go ahead and keep watching. But if you’re looking for a new one that will blow your mind or have you laughing until you cry, here’s 15 shows that were suggested by Hershey High School students that are sure to get you hooked.

(Photo Courtesy/IMDb)

#5 Shameless (2011-)

Don’t be ashamed to start this show because it’s one you won’t be able to stop watching.Take a journey with a family of six kids who have an alcoholic dad and an absent bipolar mom. With their parents out of the picture (for the most part) the oldest, Fionna, steps up to the plate to take care of all her younger siblings.

(Photo Courtesy/Buzzfeed)

#4 Gossip Girl (2007-2012)

An anonymous source for all things gossip basically runs the lives of these high schoolers on the Upper East Side of Manhattan. These girls may be best friends, but when it comes to boys, they’d do anything they can to sabotage each other’s chances. Follow two popular girls from high school to college as they fall in and out of love, lie, cheat, and get in a whole lot of trouble. You won’t want to stop watching this show that will make you relieved that you aren’t wrapped up in the drama yourself. Get ready to binge. XOXO, Gossip Girl.

(Photo Courtesy/ET)

#3 One Tree Hill (2003-2012)

Tree Hill, North Carolina is just an ordinary town where half brothers Nathan and Lucas Scott have nothing in common, except that they have the same awful father. Nathan, the star of the basketball team, may seem like he has everything in the world with his wealth and popularity. However, he doesn’t. Nathan is just as wrapped up in himself as his father is, but when his brother comes back to town, everything changes. Lucas lives with only his mother, and he is not the most privileged. When Lucas threatens Nathan’s basketball title, they clash and a rivalry begins. Experience high school and beyond  through the eyes of two brothers and their friends as they struggle with love, loss, and life.

(Photo Courtesy/TV Guide)

#2 Friends (1994-2004)

*Insert 4 claps to theme song*

You’ll be falling out of your seat laughing while watching 6 best friends from the same apartment complex as they take on life in Manhattan together. Although they spend a lot of time at their local coffee shop, Central Perk, you’ll also follow them through the good and bad relationships, jobs, and silly shenanigans that happen more frequently than they should. You’ll find yourself entertained and hooked throughout all 10 seasons and will sing along to the theme song every episode.

(Photo Courtesy/The Odyssey Online)

#1 The Office (2005-2013)

This show is a mockumentary of the everyday lives of workers at a paper company in Scranton, Pennsylvania. You are the camera’s eyes as you see these ridiculous workers throughout their not-so-ordinary day. This show is widely loved among audiences and has developed a sturdy following with an actor who knows how to do comedy just right, Steve Carell. Watch hilarious, bizarre, and humorous stories of a manager and his employees. Once you begin, you can’t stop. Start watching The Office.

Go ahead and start watching, but stay tuned for a special edition of underrated TV shows on Netflix!