Hershey Girls Lacrosse Beats Elizabethtown High School

Payton+Bouslough%2C+center%2C+receiving+a+pass+from+a+teammate+during+the+first+half+of+the+game.+Hershey+beat+Elizabethtown+19-3+on+Monday%2C+April+3%2C+2017.+%28Broadcaster%2FMallory+Drayer%29+

Payton Bouslough, center, receiving a pass from a teammate during the first half of the game. Hershey beat Elizabethtown 19-3 on Monday, April 3, 2017. (Broadcaster/Mallory Drayer)

Mallory Drayer, Reporter

The Hershey girls lacrosse team defeated Elizabethtown High School, 19-3 on Monday, April 3. The game was held at Jane Hoover Field at Elizabethtown Area High School at 7:00 pm.

The Elizabethtown Bears took a 1-0 lead early, followed by two more goals coming into the first half. But Hershey came back with eight goals, making the score 8-3 going into halftime.

Hershey then scored 11 unanswered goals in the second half. Senior Ali Cronin had four goals over the course of the game, with six others scoring two goals a piece. Senior Sarah Haverstick, junior Olivia McDonald and freshman Kenzie Stritzinger all had one goal. Assists came from Taylor Yahn, Stritzinger, Haverstick, Payton Bouslough, McDonald, and Kailey Obenstine. Junior goalkeeper, Kieran Holley, had four saves.

Hershey had four balls turned over throughout the game and caused seven turnovers for the bears.

At the end of the game, assistant coach Erin Zimmer said she was pleased with her players performances saying, “I was really happy… I think the girls came out hard and even when Etown was beating us in the beginning, we never strayed from the game plan and kept moving the ball.” She continued on to say, “We’re still gonna work on our assisted goals, and cutting to the ball.”

The girls next game will be held on the 322 turf field on Tuesday, April 11th at 4:15 pm vs State College.