HHS Triplets Share What Life is Like Together

Meredith Gould, Reporter

For these triplets, life at home is like living with your two best friends.

Hershey High School sophomores Caroline, Charlie, and Katie Fackler live quite unique lives; they are triplets! They are the only set of triplets at HHS, and they all agree it is a cool thing to say about themselves. Admittedly, being a triplet has pros and cons, but they wouldn’t change their situation for anything.

The three can describe being a triplet as having two lifelong friends that will always be there when needed because of similar life experiences.

The Facklers, left to right: Katie, Charlie, and Caroline gather in the cafeteria before school begins. They enjoyed spending this time together before the school day began. (Broadcaster/Meredith Gould)

“We all know each other’s strengths and weaknesses, so whenever we work together, we can easily delegate tasks to whoever is stronger in that area,” Caroline said.

Helping each other out with school work is a huge advantage to the three Facklers. According to Katie, they can use teamwork to solve a difficult problem or get projects done.

While working together to complete school work is one advantage to having a triplet, another advantage is they all have similar friends; it is easy to coordinate plans and rides with each other. However, they have some different friends because of their extracurriculars.

“Charlie and I share a lot of the same swim friends because we are together all the time. Caroline has some different friends from cross country and track,” Katie stated.

Being a triplet can sometimes become a challenge. They can quickly get lumped together as “the triplets” according to Charlie. He said that sometimes it’s harder to stand out as an individual as a triplet than as someone with an older or younger sibling because comparisons are more frequent.

Caroline agreed with Charlie that it is sometimes a challenge to stand out individually. She said that people are sometimes less likely to pick you for something, such as an award, because they don’t want to choose one and hurt the others’ feelings. In addition to being picked for something, they all agree that being the same age is the biggest disadvantage.

“We all turned 16 in November so that means driving! It’s hard because we all have to share a car… so it will be hard for all of us to be at the same hours,” Katie said. Additionally, Caroline said she always gets asked ‘Well what if only one of you pass your license test?’ which increases the pressure. She would not like to celebrate receiving her license without her two siblings because she would feel bad that they were not there with her.

The Fackler siblings grew their close bond at home because they are always with each other. Charlie believes their parents treat each of them the same, making a fun rather than miserable environment.

The triplets love their time together and wouldn’t want to live their lives any other way.

“I wouldn’t know what I would do without them if they weren’t there with me all the time,” Katie said.