Hershey Boys Ice Hockey Loses to Palmyra

Kieran Holley, Reporter

The Trojans lost to the Cougars 4-2 on Friday, February 24, 2017 at The Klick Lewis Arena.

The Trojans and Cougars faced off for the fourth time for the 2016-2017 season.

At the February 24 game, Palmyra was the first team to score with only 42 seconds into the game. However, Hershey junior Sabatino Iannarello scored shortly after that. And HHS freshman Jason Rippon scored again for the Trojans making the score 2-1 at the end of the first period.

The second period was slow for the Trojans offense. Three more goals would be scored for the Cougars making the final score 4-2.

Hershey senior goalie Aaron Dobrolsky faced 31 shots and saved 27. Palmyra goalie Liam Schmidt faced 14 shots and saved 12.

“We needed to play the best that we had all season and unfortunately we couldn’t put that one last win together,” said Dobrolsky.

For the first time in ten years, the Trojans won’t be making an appearance in The Bears Cup, a championship game played between the top two teams in Tier I of the Central Pennsylvania Interscholastic Hockey League (CPIHL).

The Bears Cup is separate from state playoffs. The top four teams in Tier I battled to make it into the Bears Cup bracket.

The Trojans won’t be playing on March 4, 2017 at the Old Arena, but they are still playing for a chance at the Flyers Cup game on March 10, 2017, at Ice Line Quad Rinks in West Chester.

The Trojans stand on the line during the National Anthem before puck drop. The Trojans went
on to lose to the Cougars 4-2 on Friday February 24, 2017 at Klick Lewis Arena. (Broadcaster/Kieran Holley)