Hershey Swim Team Wins Again

Shanna Sweitzer, Reporter

On Thursday, December 22, 2016, both the Hershey Boys and Girls Varsity Swim teams won against Mifflin County. This was the third meet for the Hershey Swim Team for the school year. Hershey won 133 to 43.

Hershey senior Grant Geyer swims in the 200M freestyle race against Mifflin County on Thursday, December 22, 2016. Geyer placed second with only .42 seconds behind first place. (Broadcaster/Shanna Sweitzer)

Kicking it off for Hershey, Charlie Fackler, Jason Young, Ethan Thomas, and Alan Hwang got first place in the 200M Medley Relay with a time of 1:45.36. The girls team of Myla Cramer, Morgan Brett, Caylene Rippon, and Katie Fackler finished at 1:59.01, also placing first in this event.

Although Mifflin County had no divers and Hershey senior Jake Hedrick was absent from the meet, junior Henry Isaacson and sophomore Quincy Blubaugh dove for Hershey. Isaacson scored 244.8 points for the boys and Blubaugh scored 221.7 points for the girls.
Contributing to the team’s victory, junior Cole Luttrell placed first in both the 500M freestyle and the 100M breaststroke. For the girls, Hershey placed first, second, and third in the 200M freestyle, 500M freestyle, 200M freestyle relay, 100M backstroke, and the 400M freestyle relay.