Hershey Boys Ice Hockey Barely Beats Cumberland Valley

Kieran Holley, Reporter

Hershey Boys Ice Hockey beat Cumberland Valley 7-5 on Friday November 11, 2016.

Hershey’s victory was lead by Juniors Sabatino Iannarello and Sammy Steele with three goals each, and Sophomore Caden Freer with one goal. Cumberland Valley’s lead scorers were Jared Lombardi with two goals, Carson Asper with two, and Jonathan Wescoe with one.

Iannarello opened the scoring for the Trojans nearly six minutes into the game.

The CV Eagles leveled the score with a goal by Lombardi and pulled ahead with one by Asper late in the first period.

Hershey regained the momentum in the second period after Steele netted a goal just 16 seconds in. Freer scored another goal for the Trojans just a minute later. The Eagles Lombardi leveled the score at 3-3 with a goal late in the period.

The third period was full of scoring for both teams. Cumberland Valley opened the scoring early in the period, giving them a 4-3 lead. Hershey was only down for two minutes when Steele slipped two more goals passed CV’s goalie, Owen Gallagher. CV’s Asper scored one last goal for the Eagles to pull CV to level the score at 5-5 However, Iannarello scored two more goals for the Trojans to put the game out of reach.

Aaron Dobrolsky, left, blocks shot from CV’s Carson Asper. Dobrolsky faced 42 shots and saved 37. (Broadcaster/Kieran Holley)

Hershey Trojans gather together after their victory over the Cumberland Valley Eagles. The Trojans beat the Eagles 7-5 on Friday November 11, 2016. (Broadcaster/Kieran Holley)