HHS Broadcaster to Cover Holiday Volleyball Tournament

Leah Koppenhaver, Head News Editor

Hershey High School will hold its 9th annual Holiday Volleyball Tournament, and The Hershey Broadcaster will once again provide coverage throughout the event on Friday, December 20. 

The tournament is expected to have 74 teams playing this year, according to tournament coordinator Tammy Scola. 

Each hour throughout the day, photo and video will be posted to The Broadcaster website. 

“We’re trying to change a few things about the way we operate during the volleyball tournament this year, we hope to keep up with the coverage each hour, and we have been working hard to prepare for the event,” said HHS Broadcaster Co-Editor-in-Chief Clare Canavan. 

Last year, the tournament raised over $3,000, which was then matched by Hershey High Student Council. A total of $6,200 was donated to the American Cancer Society and HHS Mini Thon. 

Each team also donated items including paper towels, pet supplies, cans, and more which were donated to local charities including The Ronald McDonald House and Caitlin’s Smiles. 

Evan King spikes past a defender during the Holiday Volleyball Tournament in 2018. The Broadcaster will be posting video and photo coverage throughout the tournament. (Photo/ The Broadcaster)